So while it hasn’t been feeling quite like fall during the day, I can definitely feel it in the air when the sun goes down at night. It’s been a bit more chilly than usual. Today marks the turn of the beginning of fall and I couldn’t be more thrilled! I am so ready to bring out the layers, cute boots and fall sweaters. And with every turn of the season, I would like to go completely candid and talk about the 12 things that are going on right now in my life.
- I’m very excited about a few upcoming trips. I will be headed off to Canada to visit my family! I haven’t gone since I was 12 and I have been wanting to make a trip for quite some time. My mom and I are thinking of visiting Quebec and Montreal so I’m hoping I get to see some great fall foliage while I’m up there.
- My fiance and I have been talking about going to Shanghai for quite some time. He goes there on business a few times a year but I haven’t really gotten the chance go to with him. Hopefully this year I get to go with him on this next trip in November.
- WE HAVE FOUND OUR WEDDING VENUE! Which also means, we have set our date. We are looking to get married sometime in the fall of next year! I truly cannot wait!
- When I was in Kauai, I got a really bad sun rash that would not calm down. I used a product that had mineral oil and it just created a mess of my skin on my body. I had to be mindful to wear a rashguard everytime I was out swimming during the day.
- I got way too tan for my liking while I was in Hawaii. I am most likely going to start carrying an umbrella during those hot summer months next year and wearing long sleeves everywhere despite the rising temps. My tans take a while to fade. I might hit up a Filipino store and stock up on that papaya soap to start fading my tan!
- I’m debating on staying blonde or going brunette for my wedding day. My fiance likes my blonde hair and I also like it blonde. My mom and pretty much everyone in our families have suggested that I would regret my wedding photos in blonde hair and would like to see my natural hair color for the wedding. I am digging my blonde hair right now so we will see.
- I need to learn to say “no”. The last two months have been extremely stressful for me and I took on a few more projects than I can handle. On top of all the traveling I did for work, it resulted in a few panic attacks. I know people don’t like to talk about these things, but I don’t know how to handle my stress and I know I need to do a better job at taking care of myself. I know the first step is to say “no” when I have a lot of things on my plate.
- So I have an entire year to whip my body into shape. I am planning on starting BBG with a friend next month. I have done it in the past by myself but sometimes I find it really difficult to find motivation. I thought it would be fun to start it with her and get back into shape before my wedding day.
- These photos were taken at Labor Day weekend in Tahoe. My fiance’s sister has a house up in Tahoe and we all spent the weekend up there kayaking, going on the boat and just hanging at the beach. It was a great way to say goodbye to the summer.
- I am thinking of putting up a how to pack for business travel post. I seriously can pack a business suit and essentials in one carry on. I feel as if I have become a master at packing for business trips (at least for ones that last two to four days).
- I recently went to the Museum of Ice Cream in San Francisco and I had the best time! I will be sharing the photos on my Instagram. I have been trying to get tickets to the Color Factory but it has been sold out everytime I look!
- I have been asking a lot of people who have recently gotten married, what is the one thing you could change or do differently on your wedding day. I have been getting a ton of interesting answers. I am very curious from my married readers if they have any advice themselves. Please let me know in the comments!