Today is the first day of spring! I’m so excited because now I could finally bring out the warm weather tops, shorts and dresses. I got this cute bell sleeve top from Lulu’s earlier this year, but it hasn’t been warm enough to wear it around town…until now! Also spring means wearing more of my favorite color, white! I am wearing a pair of these white distressed jeans by Paige Denim. I got them from Nordstrom Rack a few weeks ago. I am not big on paying the full price my favorite denim brands, especially since you probably notice that I seldomly wear jeans (something I am trying to change since I realize you can’t always wear a dress…especially in cold weather situations). However the Rack has all my favorite brands for insane prices so I literally spend some time trying every single pair in my size.
At the beginning of each season, I thought it would be fun to share 12 things that are currently going on in my life or some random facts at the moment. So here is my spring list of 12 things:
- I just finished binge watching This Is Us. If you didn’t shed a tear during each episode, you’re probably dead inside. I was a serious wreck during each one! I also think that Jack and Kate are just like me and my boyfriend. I only say this because my boyfriend totally does the breathing exercise with me to help me calm my nerves. I was like WHOA this is us (lol).
- I’m looking forward to my bi-weekly pedicures now that it is sandal season (the one I’m wearing is under $35). I recently found my favorite white nail polish by OPI. It’s white with just a hint of pale pink.
- Going to the farmer’s market in Walnut Creek is my favorite thing to do on Sundays…right after getting my weekly Lox bagel at House of Bagels!
- Another indication it’s spring, my allergies are killing me. I don’t like to take allergy meds everyday since it starts really loosing it’s effect on me over time. So I just take it on really bad days where I’m damn near a sinus infection.
- I’ve been really into cooking pasta dishes. Adelina over at The Charming Olive inspired me from her InstaStories with her Spaghetti Aglio e Olio dish awhile back and I have been making it almost every week at home. Thanks babe!
- I love sprouts on my food. Because I rarely see it sold in stores, I got a sprouter kit and have been growing them myself. Words cannot express how elated I am to have sprouts FOREVER.
- Now with bikini season around the corner, I am going to start BBG again. I am also going to be more adventurous and try out more fitness classes. I am looking into OrangeTheory, SoulCycle and I’m going to try to get into the habit of going back to yoga.
- Me and my boyfriend have been going on more hikes around the Bay Area. We just discovered an amazing trail that leads up to Mt. Diablo which is literally in our backyard. We have to go back because we took the wrong trail and apparently there’s an epic waterfall that we missed!
- My hair is still kind of rose gold. Under certain lighting you can totally tell, but for the most part I am a blonde again.
- My birthday is in 9 days. I’m celebrating it a wee bit early with my family and friends in Napa this weekend. Can’t wait!
- I’m trying my best to head back to the Philippines for my cousin’s wedding in early May. If I do end up going, I’m hoping I can check out Boracay while I’m out there.
- My little sister got engaged on New Years and I am trying to motivate her to start planning since her wedding will be this July! She’s nuts if she thinks she can do this all last minute.
SHOP THE EDIT